gcj/SWT gc() and memory

Bryce McKinlay mckinlay@redhat.com
Sun Jun 20 21:20:00 GMT 2004

Heitzso wrote:

> I googled on GC_set_max_heap_size() and I didn't find
> usage documentation for calling that function from within
> a Java program.  I found lots of .h files with the function
> signature on the internet but no usage documentation.
>
> Is there a 'howto' doc that covers setting memory constraints
> similar to -Xms, -Xmx, and other gcj gc settings in the context
> of gcj?

At this time, we don't have a standard way to specify java-style VM
options for things like maximum heap size. I would like GCJ to provide a
way to compile such options into your application, and also permit them
to be overridden them at runtime. This will involve unifying the options
processing code so that compiled application start-up uses the same code
as the invocation APIs and gij.

Regards

Bryce