segfault if static linked

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Jun 11 16:54:00 GMT 2004

>>>>> "Clemens" == Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy@web.de> writes:

Clemens> If I link an app with the -static flag ( a simple one-line
Clemens> app with no lexternal libs...), I get the following warnings:

Clemens> : Using 'getpwuid_r' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking

There's not much we can do about this.
As I understand it, glibc doesn't really support static linking.
Neither do we, really :-)

Perhaps you could hack your copy of libgcj to avoid the offending
calls, at the cost of some loss of information.