How to overcome MissingResourceException (gnu.java.locale.Calendar)

Martin Egholm Nielsen martin@egholm-nielsen.dk
Thu Jun 10 14:53:00 GMT 2004

> That is, having the small source-file
>
> public class DateTest {
> //    private static Class _c = gnu.java.locale.Calendar.class;
>         System.out.println( "Date: " + new java.util.Date() );
>     } // main
> } // DateTest
>
> will throw a MissingResourceException when compiled with gcj-3.3 if the
> commented statement is omitted.
I have yet another problem in relation to this, because if I try to
compile the .o file from the .class (after uncommenting the
Class-statement), I'll get:

gnu.java.locale.Calendar not found in [file:./, core:/]
    <<No stacktrace available>>

It's been compiled like so:
$ gcj -C -d . DateTest.java
$ gcj -c -o DateTest.o DateTest.class
$ gcj -o DateTest --main=DateTest DateTest.o

Is there a difference between building .java->.o and .java->.class->.o?

Regards,
  Martin