mod_gcj release, class loading problem

Hannes Wallnoefer hannes@helma.at
Fri Jul 30 00:53:00 GMT 2004

Some months ago I announced the mod_gcj project on this list, a project
to run Java within Apache using libgcj. Now there's some usable code at
last. If you're interested you can get it at
<http://mod-gcj.sourceforge.net/>.

I also have a problem that I'm stuck with, and maybe somebody on the
list can help me. The thing is I can load classes from class or jar
files using a custom URLClassLoader, but as soon as I try to get a class
that is compiled and linked into the native binary using Class.forName()
or ClassLoader.loadClass() (no matter if I use the system ClassLoader or
my own) I get a ClassNotFoundException. I know the class is there
because I can create an instance using new.

Any ideas what may be wrong here?
Hannes