GC problem

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Fri Jul 9 15:41:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 01:15, Anthony Green wrote:
> I've hit what looks like a GC problem while loading many classes with
> the interpreter.

While this may still be a problem, it's not actually the cause of the
bug I'm seeing now.

What's happening here is that I'm allocating a 0 length vtable, and then
filling it with a number of entries - overwriting other items in the
heap.

At the point where I'm laying out my class' vtable, the superclass is in
state JV_STATE_ERROR, and has a method count of 0 (which propagates down
my class).  So, how did the superclass get into this state without
throwing an exception I would notice?

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>