gcj problems on win32

João Garcia jgarcia@uk2.net
Fri Jan 30 15:59:00 GMT 2004

Hi Mohan,

 >I don't see how the linker could guess those given that they're
 >dynamically loaded.

Maybe using the 'Excelsior Jet Professional Edition' strategy for this?...
It creates a list of dynamically loaded classes using a special runtime
mode.
The list would be used by the linker somehow...
Could gij be used to do this?

Or even the runtime errors from the code compiled by gcj (this one might be
less intensive)?

 >(Isn't there a linker option to force all
 >classes to be linked in even if they aren't referenced? That
 >would probably make for a massive executable, though.)

Yes... that is the trivial solution. But, as you say, it would be massive.

 >This would also be solved by a libgcj.dll, if that ever happens.

Also a huge solution...
Could this dll be divided into several smaller ones?...
Maybe those could be also optimized for several specific tasks (using the
same strategy?)...
It would be nice at least in win32.

To make suggestions is easy...
OK. I know I am asking too much. And there are other obvious priorities.

João