[Fwd: [Java-gnome-developer] [Help] Autoconf developer wanted]

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Wed Feb 11 22:18:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

Since I am a big fan of the java-gnome project I would like to see
someone help them out with their build process. If someone has enough
knowledge about these things please consider helping them out.

java-gnome already supports gcj and uses it for "compiling java source
files to java bytecode and native code (with gcj), compiling c source
files (jni files) and also packaging everything into a jar file and
shared libraries."

But at this moment it is not possible to build java-gnome with just
gcc/gcj installed. The need a different javac compiler or kaffe present
for the build. See the complete call for help for more details.

Cheers,

Mark