linking a .so with libgcj.a ?

Andi Vajda andi@osafoundation.org
Wed Dec 15 20:02:00 GMT 2004

> Can you easily try a newer one: 6.2 or 6.3. They have fundamental
> improvments in Java support.

With gdb 6.3 I get a much longer statcktrace, with a bunch of hex numbers, no
symbols, except for two:
(maybe I need to compiler python with debug info too)

GNU gdb 6.3
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) r
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/python
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 24396)]
Python 2.4 (#1, Dec  3 2004, 19:26:26)
[GCC 3.3.4 20040623 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.4-r1, ssp-3.3.2-2, pie-8.7.6)] on linux2
>>> import PyLucene

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 24396)]
0xb7994cfd in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7994cfd in ?? ()
#1  0x081e28ec in ?? ()
#2  0x00000000 in ?? ()
... snip ...
#87 0xbfffd9d8 in ?? ()
#88 0xb7994769 in ?? ()
#89 0xb7b774a0 in ?? ()
#90 0xb7e8e3c0 in __after_morecore_hook () from /lib/libc.so.6
#91 0xbfffd9f8 in ?? ()
#92 0xb79a87e1 in ?? ()
... snip ...
#136 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#137 0xb7bd6e30 in ?? ()
#138 0xb7f958a0 in sem_init@@GLIBC_2.1 () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)

Andi..