Class already defined -- same file, same line

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 15:31:00 GMT 2004

Starling wrote:

> I was attempting to use gcj on a project the Sun java implementation
> on Linux does particularly abysmally about, and received the following
> error:
> ---
> ./project/OpenConnectionManager.java:46: error: Class `project.OpenConnectionMan
> ager' already defined in project/OpenConnectionManager.java:46.
>    public final class OpenConnectionManager implements Checkpointed {
>                       ^
> ./project/OpenConnectionManager.java:98: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
> make: *** [project/OpenConnectionManager.o] Error 1
> ---

This bug should be fixed now on the mainline. If you can,
I would advise you to pull a CVS snapshot, compile it and
use it.

Otherwise, you can try playing with the order of the
files on the command line or using one file per
compiler invocation, but that might (most likely)
not fix the problem.

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/