CNI & Exception handling

RamrajPrabu Balasubramanian ramrajprabu@hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 18:24:00 GMT 2004

Hi,
      The project I'm working on involves writing CNI wrappers to existing
c++ classes that we have. the problem is these c++ classes throw exceptions
and there are a lot of them. I know catching c++ exceptions and rethrowing
them as java exceptions casuses the " mixing java and c++ exceptions in same
translation unit is not  allowed" error.
      Getting past this hurdle is very important for us to adopt gcj in our
projects, can some one suggest some ways to handle these c++ exceptions
without changing our existing c++ code ?

thanks,
Ramraj