undefined reference to vtable

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Aug 12 14:10:00 GMT 2004

>>>>> "Shaun" == Shaun Jackman <sjackman@telus.net> writes:

Shaun> I understand of course. I wasn't sure how much work would be involved.
Shaun> The only user-visible item missing from the C++ class is the vtable,
Shaun> which I thought might be quickly fixable. I'm sure there's much more
Shaun> going on behind the scenes.

Yeah, gcj also creates an instance of java.lang.Class, which includes
all kinds of stuff like reflection data.  It's certainly possible to
do this in g++ as well, but it's never been a priority for us, we
haven't gotten all that many requests for it, and honestly I'm not
even certain that the g++ maintainers would approve it.