libgcj on small system

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy@web.de
Mon Apr 26 17:55:00 GMT 2004

Hi!

>libgcj on my host is 73.7MB - libgcj.so.4.0.0 in /usr/local/lib.
>Is this the file I must have on my target?

Right, except you link statically. If you use the -static switch all
needed stuff is included.
Your 73.7mb libgcj seems to include the whole debug-stuff and so on.
If you don't need it for development, try strip -s libgcj.so, a
statically binary can be shrinked the same way (down to ~2mb).

>What other files must be on the target to run by gcj program?

Simply create a dynamically linked file, and run ldd on this rogram and
on all shared-libraries that are listed. That should be everything needed.

Good luck, lg Clemens