Again - How to create an AWT enables build?

Scott Gilbertson scottg@mantatest.com
Thu Apr 22 14:44:00 GMT 2004

I use xlib and compile on RedHat linux.  What follows is a description of
how I build gcc.  If you're using a different host, some configuration
options may be different.  In particular, some think I'm overly brave to
build directly into /usr, so you might want a different prefix.  Also, I
don't remember where most of the options came from, and many may not be
necessary.

Step 1: If your GCC is in /somedir/gcc, /somedir/gcc/libjava, etc., create
/somedir/obj.

Step 2: In /somedir/obj, do these things (I've inserted newlines between
configure options for clarity - remove them):

../gcc/configure
    --prefix=/usr
    --mandir=/usr/share/man
    --infodir=/usr/share/info
    --enable-shared
    --enable-threads=posix
    --disable-checking
    --host=i386-redhat-linux
    --enable-java-awt=xlib
    --enable-libgcj
    --enable-languages=c,c++,java
    --with-system-zlib
    --enable-__cxa_atexit

localedef -f ISO-8859-1 -i de_DE /var/tmp/de_DE

export LOCPATH=/var/tmp:/usr/lib/locale

make bootstrap