gcj executable size reduction?

Boehm, Hans hans.boehm@hp.com
Thu Apr 15 21:37:00 GMT 2004

The only negative consequences I was referring to was the necessity for
explicitly registering static roots.  It's unclear to me whether this matters,
and particularly the extent to which you can hide it with smart pointers
without making those expensive.  It probably is an issue if the CNI code
is really just an interface to C code.

I think this plan still makes sense, but as I've argued before, I'd like to
leave a conservative scan of static data as an option.  I think it's easy to make
it a run-time option.

I was hoping that someone knew an easy way to get a hold of particularly
the exception range tables, in which case we could not only get a partial
short-term fix for gcj, but also solve a GC problem for a bunch of other
clients.

Hans