Stallman lamenting that GCJ and ClassPath are still (read: eternally) catching up ...

Galik galik@mutopia.net
Tue Apr 13 21:55:00 GMT 2004

I think this was an excelent article. I didn't feel Stallman was
lamenting and asking for help particularly. There has been a lot about
Opening up Sun's version of Java recently and what RMS has done is to
let us know and/or remind us that we have already an open source version
of Java so we don't need to use Suns. Sure Sun could save a lot of work
by donating their code but again RMS reminds us that GCC wasn't built in
a day and it didn't build itself. And so neither will GCJ.