Mainline Is Busted for Java

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Wed Apr 7 19:08:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 14:34, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> >> This is weird.  I mean, how come the patch was checked in if the build
> >> failed.  Anyway, I recommend we give Caroline a little while to fix
> >> it, if indeed it is caused by her patch.
>
> Because it looks like she did not test by building libjava which is
> enabled
> by default on PPC Darwin by the way, so there should be no excuse for
> this
> one.

But note that this bug somehow makes configure pick up the installed gcj
and gcjh and not the just build gcj and gcjh. We are seeing the breakage
because on our systems the installed gcj and gcjh have bugs that show up
against the current libgcj implementation. What might have happened is
that she had a recently build gcj in here PATH that doesn't trigger the
bugs.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. We are talking among ourselves about this issue here and on irc.
Has somebody actually contacted her about what we are seeing?