gcj and JAMA

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Apr 5 11:40:00 GMT 2004

Andreas Balser writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > BTW: I think that I have now experienced the problem of multiple .java
 > files and a library don't mix too well, but that I could solve myself
 > by first compiling all the .o's, and then multiple .o's and the
 > library work together...

It's really a matter of tracking dependencies.  What happened here is
that the .java files were changed, but the .class files weren't
regenerated.  Usually gcj detects this by looking at timestaps and
warns you, but in this case the timestamps were inaccurate.  In other
words, gcj was being lied to.