gcj and JAMA

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Apr 5 10:14:00 GMT 2004

Andreas Balser writes:
 > > You need to tell us a bit more.  What did you do to compile the
 > > JAMA-Matrix jarfile?
 >
 > I downloaded the source (should I try the jarfile?), and compiled it
 > as listed in the "P.S.":
 >
 > /tmp $ tar xvzf Jama-1.0.1.tar.gz
 > [...]
 > :/tmp/Jama $ gcj -c *.java
 > :/tmp/Jama/util $ gcj -c Maths.java
 > :/tmp/Jama $ ar r libMatrix.a `find . -name \*.o`

 $ gcj -c *.java
CholeskyDecomposition.java:43: error: Type `Matrix' not found in the declaration of the argument `Arg' of method `<init>'.
      public CholeskyDecomposition (Matrix Arg) {
                                    ^
1 error
EigenvalueDecomposition.java:2: error: Can't find default package `Jama.util'. Check the CLASSPATH environment variable and the access to the archives
EigenvalueDecomposition.java:862: error: Type `Matrix' not found in the declaration of the argument `Arg' of method `<init>'.
      public EigenvalueDecomposition (Matrix Arg) {
                                      ^
2 errors
LUDecomposition.java:48: error: Type `Matrix' not found in the declaration of the argument `A' of method `<init>'.
      public LUDecomposition (Matrix A) {
                              ^
1 error