gcj: SignalListener, process pid, ...

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 19:54:00 GMT 2003

Erik> I guess people traditionally use SIGHUP for instructing the
Erik> server process to reread its config files. Would it be
Erik> acceptable in terms of linux/unix conventions to use one of
Erik> SIGINT, SIGQUIT, SIGUSR1,SIGUSR2, or SIGTERM signals? I mean, in
Erik> that case, I'll use one of these, instead of using a wrapper.

We could change libgcj, but only on systems with a glibc newer than
2.1 (according to the comments in posix-threads.cc).  That probably
covers most boxes these days.