gcj: SignalListener, process pid, ...

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 09:10:00 GMT 2003

>>>>> "Erik" == Erik Poupaert <erik.poupaert@freestyler-toolkit.org> writes:

Erik> That should be ample enough to control linux daemons with, if it
Erik> weren't for the fact that the traditional SIGHUP signal is
Erik> missing. While the library permits listening to SIGHUP (and
Erik> SIGDANGER(?)), libgcj unfortunately prevents somehow the
Erik> signal-listening thread to respond to it.(Why?)

We reserve a signal to implement Thread.interrupt().
On Linux this is SIGHUP.  We could pick a different one.  With NPTL
we probably should.

I don't know the answers to your other questions offhand.