New MingW 3.4 Build

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Sun Sep 28 15:09:00 GMT 2003

Hi People,

I've put out a new MinGW 3.4 build:

http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm

This build is sort of bittersweet. On the one
hand, it contains new functionality like
Thread.interrupt() that I'm really pleased
with:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q3/msg00623.html

On the other hand, there's an unresolved issue
which I've worked around, but not completely:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-09/msg00336.html

I've worked around this issue by peppering the
build flags with -mno-stack-arg-probe, but I'm
sure that this isn't correct approach. And while
the samples seem to build properly with this flag,
jar.exe is broken with this flag. So maybe the
java.util.zip stuff is too. (I substituted the
jar.exe from the previous 20030830 release.)

Ideally, the apparent _alloca issue needs to be resolved.
Failing this, I probably need to limit the scope
of -mno-stack-arg-probe to unbreak jar.exe. I've
attached my configure and build scripts (based on Ranjit's
original ones) and would appreciate it if someone could
glance at them. (Yes, I already know that they can be
refactored.)

Enjoy.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/