security files

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Sep 26 12:43:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 12:47, Erik Poupaert wrote:
> libjava/java/security/classpath.security contains:
>
> security.provider.1=gnu.java.security.provider.Gnu
>
> Neither jce-jdk13-119 nor jsch-0-1-8 contain such .security file.
> Does anybody know what such file sould contain in terms of Bouncy Castle (or jsch)?

This (security.provider.x) should be a java.security.Provider subclass.
I don't know about Bouncy Castle, but if you use GNU Crypto (which
integrates nicely with gcj and comes with a gcj friendly build) then you
use gnu.crypto.jce.GnuCrypto.

You can also install security providers by doing the following at the
start of your program:

    java.security.Provider crypto = new gnu.crypto.jce.GnuCrypto();
    java.security.Security.addProvider(crypto);

Cheers,

Mark