Networking Differences Between JRE & GCJ

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Sun Sep 7 03:18:00 GMT 2003

Hi People,

I am in the proceess of writing a test which exercises
the Sun JRE and GCJ networking classes. I'm not done yet,
but I've already found a significant difference between
Sun's JRE and GCJ: I can issue a Thread.interrupt()
on a blocking socket call with GCJ and the operation
will interrupt. On Sun's JRE, the operation does
not interrupt.

I've scoured the list and found Bryce's rationale
for this difference. (He also says that IBM's
JRE does honor Thread.interrupt().)

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2001-09/msg00108.html

Is there anywhere that we document purposeful departures
between Sun's JRE and GCJ? Bryce's behavior makes
more sense to me, so unless someone tells me otherwise,
I'm assuming I should be doing this in Win32 also.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/