javax.mail, classpath and classpathx

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Mon Oct 27 15:42:00 GMT 2003

> > - I fetched the files for classpathx from CVS and tried to compile.
> > After some fiddling around, I discovered how to get ./configure + make
> > going and I ended up with various .jar files. First I tried and failed
> > this under CygWin, but then I remembered my Linux machine in the closet
> > and voila!
>
> what fiddling did you need to do? i.e. why did a straight ./configure &&
> make fail?

I don't know why, and the problem did not repeat itself when I retried,
but I was unable to compile the classpathx/mail before I compiled the
activation directory.

Here is the sequence that worked this time(Linux Redhat9):

$ cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/classpathx co mail
$ ./configure
$ make

I only have GCJ installed, no javac. lib/inetlib.jar and
lib/activation.jar are indeed present.

I now get further, but it still does not work:

- When I try to run my example program from within Suns JRE, I get the
error below. I can't find any references to it in classpath or
classpathx

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/security/sasl/SaslException
	at
gnu.mail.providers.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:120)
	at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:238)
	at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:153)
	at Send.main(Send.java:43)
Exception in thread "main"

- I suppose I have to figure the above out before, I can try to compile
my app.

C:\eclipse\workspace\SendMail>\thisiscool-gcc\gcc-3.4\bin\gcj -c -o
inetlib.o inetlib.jar

See err.txt attached.

Øyvind