linux audio software using gcj&swt!

Bryce McKinlay bryce@mckinlay.net.nz
Thu Oct 23 21:02:00 GMT 2003

On Oct 24, 2003, at 1:09 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:

> Norbert Frese writes:
>>

>>> Well, the question here is why libgcj is trying to load a library.
>>> There must be a reason, probably because some dependency in Display
>>> is
>>> trying to resolve something in a shared library.
>>>
>>> Time to debug.
>>>

>> thanks - didn't know that loading shared libraries from a static
>> binary is
>> forbidden.
>
> Well, it's a bug really.  Just a bug that I don't know how to fix...

"Making dlopen() "work" in static binaries is basically asking the ELF
spec to bend itself over a table...." - Todd Vierling

Perhaps the answer here is to make "-static" for GCJ mean statically
linked to libgcj, but still dynamically linked against the other system
libraries. That should be possible with a bit of .spec hacking? Or
would this mess up legitimate uses for the "real" -static?

Regards

Bryce.