linux audio software using gcj&swt!

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 14:01:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 05:05, Norbert Frese wrote:
> Display is inside swt.jar and not libgcj. It tries to load the native part of swt
> swtXXX.so, which is ok. So this is not a libgcj problem (except that the mistake
> of trying to load a shared library is not reported properly).

My solution was to hack SWT to _not_ load the native library (just look
for the System.loadLibrary call), and link the native libs into the
static executable with the following:

-Wl,--whole-archive,libswt-gtk-2135.a,libswt-pi-gtk-2135.a,--no-whole-archive

libgcj, and all the the SWT/JFace libs were also linked statically, but
we used dynamic versions of glibc and all of the gtk+ libs.

AG

--
Anthony Green <green@redhat.com>
Red Hat, Inc.