Compiling SWT with gcj/linux

Gerard Naude gerard@uks.co.za
Wed Oct 15 14:14:00 GMT 2003

Hi all

I'm using gcj 3.2.2 on mandrake 9.1. I grabbed SWT 2.1.1 from the
eclipse website so that I can compile it and start playing.
I compile swt-pi.jar into swt-pi.so without problems (gcj -fjni -shared
-o swt-pi.so swt-pi.jar)
Now when i try to compile swt.jar (gcj -fjni -shared -o swt.so swt.jar)
i get these errors:

org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Color.java: In class
`org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Color':
org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Color.java: In method
`org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Color.dispose()':
org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Color.java:113: cannot find file for class
org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS
org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Color.java:113: cannot find file for class
org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS
org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Color.java:115: cannot find file for class
org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.GdkColor
org/eclipse/swt/graphics/Color.java:115: confused by earlier errors,
bailing out

This makes sense, as there is no org.eclipse.swt.internal.gtk.OS in
swt.jar (Color.java imports it).
I tried various gtk swt sources, and they all don't have it. What am i
missing here? I've searched the web with no joy.

Thanks

Gerard