java library wrapper

Ray Auge rayauge@doublebite.com
Wed Oct 15 13:54:00 GMT 2003

I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a class-loader-"like"
facility (even just a library) that would allow us to wrap a C or C++
library inside a dynamically created class/package structure. A la
reflection. Between CNI/JNI and some of the other formidable class
manipulation facilities in gcj, it seams at least possible.

I'm going on the assumption that C and C++ libs expose exported symbols
through a symbol table of some kind... like most languages do...

Am I hoping for a miracle...

It would be nice to say:

try{
	Class.getClass(new WrappedLibrary("artsmidi"));
}
catch(Exception e){
	// no such library...
}