status of JNI on Mac OS X (darwin)

Geoff Strom stromgt@speakeasy.net
Wed Oct 15 04:53:00 GMT 2003

> Regarding the jni tests in libgcj, yes they are working here.
> Here means a gcc-cvs head aka. gcc-3.4 at the moment.
>
> I have some local tweaks in my tree which I could submit to you.
> There are some issues with the libltdl in libjava itself.
> These fixes will be go into the main tree as soon as we have the latest
> libltdl in libjava. Not before.
>
> I'd suggest to take a 3.4 tree since the 3.3.1 tree lacks proper
> boehm-gc support. Also a lot of fixes and additions are in 3.4.
> This is no release compiler yet (will become so in a fe months), but for
> trial and error....
>
> So, if you're interested, let me know what you need :)
>
> Andreas

Great!

Okay, so if I grab the latest snapshot (gcc-3.4-20031008 or wait for the next one) and use the configure options below, are there any other outstanding patches that I need?

--prefix=/src/gcc --enable-languages=c,c++,java --enable-gc-type=boehm --enable-shared --enable-static --enable-libgcj --enable-threads=posix --disable-multilib

Thanks,
Geoff