Starting from the dynamic loader

Bryce McKinlay bryce@mckinlay.net.nz
Wed Oct 8 07:17:00 GMT 2003

On Wednesday, Oct 8, 2003, at 10:44 Pacific/Auckland, Jost Boekemeier
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> [I hope this is not a FAQ]
>
> I am currently trying to create an apache module which uses (a library
> which in turn uses) libgcj.  Interestingly gcj aborts() because it is
> not yet initialized: _Jv_createJavaVM hasn't been called at this early
> stage (see stack trace below).

Interesting. The abort() should only happen if it encounters a
duplicate class registration - ie _Jv_RegisterClasses is called twice
with the same class argument. Is it possible that this is happening
somehow? _Jv_RegisterClasses is always called before the runtime is
initialized, so this should not be a problem.

> Can somebody please explain where frame_dummy() comes from; which
> component generates this?

It is from the C runtime - have a look in gcc/crtstuff.c

Regards

Bryce.