java Digest 19 Nov 2003 23:00:15 -0000 Issue 1351

Robin_Rawson-Tetley enquiries@sheltermanager.homeip.net
Thu Nov 20 18:46:00 GMT 2003

I have already implemented basic AWT/Java2D support for the new version
of SwingWT. It offers an implementation of the AWT/Swing APIs that drive
SWT applications instead - and it works very nicely with gcj/gij.

Get it from: http://swingwt.sourceforge.net

Cheers,

Bob

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 01:15:09PM -0500, Stanley Brown wrote:
> I took this from the Eclipse site SWT project page:
>
> -----
> Another exciting aspect of SWT is that it is also being used as part of
> the underlying implementation for several embedded systems efforts
> because of its small size and focus on efficiency. The most notable of
> these, currently at least, is in the AWT implementation provided as part
> of the VisualAge/MicroEdition class libraries, where SWT effectively
> becomes the peer layer for AWT. Further effort is ongoing to improve
> SWT's utility in this area.
> -----
>
> Just a thought, but if GCJ used SWT it could solve the lack of AWT if it
> took a similiar approach.

Robin Rawson-Tetley

Animal Shelter Manager (http://sheltermanager.sf.net)
SwingWT                (http://swingwt.sf.net)