Experimental UNICODE-only MinGW Build

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Thu Nov 20 16:21:00 GMT 2003

Hi Jeff,

>> During this experiment, I changed my mind about UNICOWS. My stance is that
>> making libgcj UNICODE-only and supporting WinNT / Win2K / WinXP elegantly
>> and out-of-the-box is more important than inconveniencing Win9X users. I am
>> also capitalizing on Bryce's post:
>
>I don't have much of an opinion on the matter, but short of satisfying
>everyone why not make win32 unicode a configure option, so those that need
>it can have it?

This hasn't been suggested already. I thought about this, but wanted to avoid
mucking around in configure.in too much so this thing had a half a chance of
going in this late in the game. I think it's a good idea, but, then again,
we'd have another target to test and maintain....

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/