ClassLoader initialization in _Jv_RunMain

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Mon Nov 10 22:30:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 22:49, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Actually, you can see it very easily by trying to run gij on a .jar
> file.  Try simple.jar, which is in testsuite/libjava.jar.  I get:

That was discussed a long time ago:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-03/msg00267.html

I assume this jar file was actually created by the zip program on Unix
and then renamed to simple.jar?

The gcj Bootstrap classloader cheats a bit (by calling back into
URLClassLoader as a fallback to the interpreter). We should create a
real Classloader (parent) chain, with the URLClassLoader that the
interpreter would use as a real child of the VMClassLoader.

Cheers,

Mark