One step closer to getting Mohans Test JVM to work

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Mon Nov 10 13:15:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 13:59, Mohan Embar wrote:
> Hi Øyvind,
>
> The JVMTest sample works as-is in my latest build, but there
> are no DLLs involved.

Hmmm... I saw some patch messages, but I didn't see any commits. Perhaps
my local GCC build is stale.

> I'm not sure how the DLL in your example relates to this problem.
> Is send.dll doing something with JNI?

It must be a seperate problem then.

What I'm trying to do is to write a DLL with a C++ interface for use
from e.g. Visual C++, hence I need to launch/shutdown the VM as in your
example. No other symbols should(or needs) to be exported than the C++
API. The rationale behind this approach is to sneak in some Java code
under the radar for this legacy C++ Windows app.

The "interface" consists of a single exported from send.dll:

/* returns success failure*/
bool sendMail(
/* null terminated list of recipients */
wchar_t **recipients,
wchar_t *subject,
wchar_t *body,
/* null terminated list of Win32 paths to attachments */
wchar_t *attachments);

Øyvind