Compiling multiple --resource files

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Sat Nov 8 14:00:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, [ISO-8859-1] Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> >   If so, then we've got a bug somewhere.
>
> I find it surprising that classpathx expects stuff in the META-INF
> directory to be in the classpath.

I haven't followed this PR closely, but it sounds similar to a xerces
failure I discovered here.  gcj intentionally skips META-INF entries:

  /* For now we drop the manifest and other information.  Maybe it
     would make more sense to compile it in?  */
  if (zdir->filename_length > 8
      && !strncmp (class_name_in_zip_dir, "META-INF/", 9))
    return 0;

My feeling is that this is a mistake.  XML parsers depend on resources in
META-INF.  Probably the manifest should be skipped, but not other entries
in META-INF.

Jeff