New GCC 3.4(!) MingW Build

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Mon May 26 14:43:00 GMT 2003

Hi People,

For the curious/desparate/masochistic, I hacked
and slashed my way to a GCC 3.4 / MingW build:

http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc33_mingw.htm

(go to "Experimental 3.4 Build")

(Yes, I know I need to update the URL.)

It fared well on my handful of tests, but
absolutely no guarantees. I'm also not in
a position to say what the differences are
between 3.3 and 3.4.

DISCLAIMER: This stuff does <i>not</i> build
out-of-the-box and there are some build issues
that need to be resolved, especially for the
for libstdc++ and libjava crossed-native builds.
I'll elaborate more and submit some patches soon.

Lots of the Win32 java.nio and java.net stuff
might be broken, because the Posix and Win32
code has been split up and the Win32 code
hasn't been fixed up. All bets are off.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/