reading class xxx for the second time

Xavier Brouckaert xbr@info.ucl.ac.be
Mon May 26 14:07:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

First, I'd like to say that I really appreciate gcj :-)

I searched the mailing list but did not find an explanation about the
error message I see using gcj :

gcj -C SimValidator.java
mobilemulticast/sim/SimValidatorContract.java:0: reading class
mobilemulticast.sim.SimValidatorContract for the second time from
./SimValidatorContract.class
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [SimValidator.class] Error 1

"reading class xxx for the second time"
OK, but what's wrong ?
Can't I use inner classes ? SimValidatorContract contains an inner class
Message and I use it 2 times as method parameters in SimValidator.java :

private void receiveMessageReceived(SimValidatorContract.Message m)
private void sendMessageReceived(SimValidatorContract.Message m)

The strange thing is that javac (jdk1.4) doesn't complain when compiling
the same source !

I don't want to go back to javac and its painfully long compilation time
! :-)

Thank you!
Xavier