Small example of livelock regression in garbage collector forGCJ 3.3 under Win32

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Thu May 22 01:07:00 GMT 2003

Ranjit Mathew writes:
 > >  > >>You need -fuse-divide-subroutine and -fcheck-references.  Ranjit ahd a
 > >  > >>look at using Windows' structured exception handling to cope with
 > >  > >>these problems, but I don't think that it's done yet.
 > >  >
 > >  > Andrew, if I understand this correctly, you are suggesting that
 > >  > we use these options for the time being till such a time
 > >  > that we can fix the SEH stuff.
 > >  >
 > >  > These will make things a bit slower, but keep it correct:
 > >  >
 > >  > http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcj/Configure-time-Options.html
 > >  >
 > >  > Right?
 > >
 > > Indeed.  It looks to me like mingw picks up the configure options from
 > > i686-*.  We need to make this a little more finely grained with a
 > > separate entry for Linux and mingw.
 >
 > [...]
 >
 > > Please also submit a patch for configure.host that does the right thing.
 > >
 > > Andrew.
 >
 > How does the following look (tested only on Win98 so far)? It's
 > against 3.3 sources:

That looks fine.  If it solves =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8yvind_Harboe?='s
problem I'll be happy.  However, he's not building his own libgcj but
using one from Mohan, so we'll have to wait until Mohan does a rebuild
with this patch.  Pretty please, if you would...

Andrew.