Regression testing on GCJ 3.3

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Wed May 14 13:14:00 GMT 2003

I'm struggling a bit with garbage collection crashes in GCJ.

Could someone comment on the code below?

This happens under GCJ 3.2. I can't yet test in GCJ 3.3,
because it crashes for other reasons which are being
followed up on.

In some rare configurations the following code will crash:

	private void packTabFolder(TabFolder tabFolder)
	{
		for (int i = 0; i < tabFolder.getChildren().length; i++)
		{
			tabFolder.getChildren()[i].pack();
		}
		tabFolder.pack();
	}

I can make the crash go away by rewriting it to:

	private void packTabFolder(TabFolder tabFolder)
	{
		/* KLUDGE!!! if I inline "children" GCJ can pagefault on
some machines */
		Control[] children=tabFolder.getChildren();

		for (int i = 0; i < children.length; i++)
		{
			children[i].pack();
		}
		tabFolder.pack();
	}

I *suspect* from the scant feedback I've gotten that it is not related
to Windows XP or 98 in particular.

Øyvind