Mohan (this-is-cool) 's snapshot gcc33-20030409

Ranjit Mathew rmathew4lists@hotmail.com
Mon May 12 10:32:00 GMT 2003

> The compilation works fine up to the point where it starts processing
> lib/gcc-lib/mingw32/3.3/include/limits.h. Then it says: syslimits.h "No
> such file or directory". And indeed,limits.h does try to include -- in
> the middle of undecypherable ifdefs -- a file "syslimits.h" which is not
> present in the directory where limits.h is located itself.

In the folder, %GCC%\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.3\include, just create
a file "syslimits.h" that contains:
---------------------------- 8< ---------------------------------
/* syslimits.h stands for the system's own limits.h file.
   If we can use it ok unmodified, then we install this text.
   If fixincludes fixes it, then the fixed version is installed
   instead of this text.  */

#define _GCC_NEXT_LIMITS_H  /* tell gcc's limits.h to recurse */
#include_next <limits.h>
#undef _GCC_NEXT_LIMITS_H

That *should* solve the problem you are facing, though the real
issue is *why* it should come in the first place.

Ranjit.