PR 10656 and PR 10657

Ranjit Mathew rmathew4lists@hotmail.com
Wed May 7 11:43:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

(re: 10656)
Is libffi even supported on Solaris/SPARC 7? I mean, judging by the files
in libffi/src/sparc, it should support only Solaris 8 or 9. I could
be wrong on this though...

> PR 10657 looks like it might be a problem on other systems as well;
> --disable-nls does not seem to be working correctly when building jc1.

AFAICT, PR java/2812 *could* explain this and I suspect AM_ICONV
(in gcc/aclocal.m4) is not as robust as we would have liked it to
be.

BTW, I and at least one other person (Mohan Embar) have been happily
building GCJ 3.3 with --disable-nls without facing any problems
(MinGW/Windows).

Ranjit.