gcj and jikes

bormisoft@digitizeit.de bormisoft@digitizeit.de
Tue May 6 18:20:00 GMT 2003

Happy, I wasn't completly of course with this suggestion.

I have looked it up on eclipse org:

>JDT Core is the Java infrastructure of the Java IDE. It includes:
>An incremental Java compiler. Implemented as an Eclipse builder, it
is based on a JCK1.3a compliant compiler evolved from VAJ compilers.
In particular, it allows to run and debug code which still contains
unresolved errors.

here is a link:
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/%7Echeckout%7E/jdt-core-home
/main.html

Maybe one added problem could be, that the compiler (at least within
eclipse) seems to work on a per method basis (which I consider one of
eclipses best features btw.). But since it's possible to export
classfiles from eclipse and import java it must be usable as a normal
compiler somehow.

Ingo