GCJ 3.4 + MingW = Trouble

Lars Andersen lars@rimfaxe.com
Tue May 6 17:46:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 17:27, Mohan Embar wrote:
> Lars,
>
> >>I did a 3.4 cross compiler for mingw (linux hosted) 3 weeks ago.
> >>I used the mingw patches posted by Mohan + some additional hacks to make
> >>it work.
> >
> >I'd be interested in seeing how you fare with the current CVS 3.4 sources.
> >If you do a get, be sure to save your original sources....
>
> ...or, could you tell me which snapshot you used?
>
> -- Mohan

Here is how i made it work.
I will repeat with fresh sources now.

I did a cvs checkout of gcc3.4 on April 11.

I used the cross-compily scripts from Ranjit.

To compile GCC3.4 MinGW cross-compiler

copy from patched GCC3.3 :
gcc/libstdc++-v3/config/io/basic_file_stdio.*
gcc/libjava/gnu/java/nio/natSelectorImpl.cc
gcc/libjava/gnu/java/nio/natSocketChannelImpl.cc

Correct ECONNREFUSED bug in
gcc/libjava/java/net/natPlainDatagramSocketImplWin32.cc

/Lars Andersen