GCJ 3.4 + MingW = Trouble

Lars Andersen lars@rimfaxe.com
Tue May 6 13:54:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 15:17, Mohan Embar wrote:
> Ranjit,
>
> >> I am only attempting the cross build now. When I build the cross
> >> compiler and use it to generate a Win32 executable for a simple
> >> HelloWorld program, the generated program crashes with a segmentation
> >> violation. At first blush, this doesn't appear to be the same issue
> >
> >Are you talking of a GCJ compiled "HelloWorld" (in Java) or one
> >written in C/C++?
>
> A Java one. Let me know if you want me to put the sources somewhere
> or if you have any other debugging tips.

I did a 3.4 cross compiler for mingw (linux hosted) 3 weeks ago.
I used the mingw patches posted by Mohan + some additional hacks to make
it work.

It successfully compiles my apps, but there seems to be several issues,
ServerSocket didn't work properly for me. Simple functionality worked ok
though. So I decided to let it rest for a while and return to 3.3.

Well, I will try again now that everybody seems to think the timing is
good.

First goal :

Make linux hosted MinGW cross compiler without nasty hacks.

--
/Lars Andersen