GCJ and $PREFIX/include

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Mon May 5 03:31:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-04 at 13:55, David O'Brien wrote:
> The issue is that one may want to have gcc 3.1, 3.2.3, and 3.3-snapshot
> installed all at the same time.  With the positioning of the Java bits,
> they stomp on top of each other.

It's not just that.  Cross compilers (rightly) don't look in
$PREFIX/include, so you can't properly build CNI code with a cross g++.
We discussed this recently (see this thread:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-04/msg00243.html ), and were wondering
if it would be OK to put the headers in $PREFIX/include/c++/VERSION.  If
we pick some other directory, we'll need to make sure g++ knows to
search it as well.

AG