-dlopen self

Erik Poupaert erik.poupaert@chello.be
Wed Mar 19 14:52:00 GMT 2003

fine:
When I tried it again, it worked on my machine as well. I don't know, the
first time it didn't. Don't know why. Sorry.

But what doesn't work is -export-dynamic with .a files.

I need to place the object files in .a files, and place the .a files
between -Xlinker --start-group ... -Xlinker --end-group, because otherwise I
get linker errors on SWT. According to "man ld" the --start/--end-group
system only works with .a files. It doesn't work with .o files. So when I
link with the .o files anyway, I get these messages saying "swt.o ...
undefined reference to 'g_thread_init'". I'm pretty sure, however, that
g_thread_init() is defined in the library dependencies supplied, that
contain "-lglib-2.0".