hang when printing exception

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Sun Mar 16 20:53:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Sat, 2003-03-15 at 00:21, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 23:29, Tom Tromey wrote:
> > I looked at the recent changes here but nothing stands out as a
> > problem.  Anybody experiencing anything similar?
>
> I am just tracing a similar hang it seems. But it is to late and I have
> to get some sleep first. Here are some comments, maybe someone who is
> more awake immediatly sees what is wrong here. I have the following
> strange backtrace: [...]

There is something very strange going on here. So I need some reality
check. On my system the following program:

import java.io.*;

public class InOut
{
  {
    Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cat");

    InputStream in = p.getInputStream();
    System.out.println(in);
    OutputStream out = p.getOutputStream();
    System.out.println(out);
  }
}

Gives as output:

java.io.FileInputStream@80ca400
java.io.FileInputStream@80ca3e0

When compiled with 3.3 or 3.4. But 3.2 gives correct output (one Input
and one Output). Could someone try what the above program gives on their
system?

Thanks,

Mark