I Built GCC/GCJ 3.3 under MSYS/MingW! Woo hoo!

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Sun Mar 9 02:29:00 GMT 2003

Mohan Embar wrote:
> I've managed to build GCC/GCJ 3.3 under MSYS 1.0.9 / MingW GCC 3.2.

This is great...

> The build is slow (6-10+ hours as opposed to 1.5 hours on Linux),

..and this is a heartbreaker! :-(

> but it's a glimpse of what things could be like. The only major
> hack is in jcf-io.c, but it is replacable with the right thing
> to do. None of the hacks compromise the integrity of the source.

Maybe, but "special casing" out "image.class", "event.class", etc.
just won't do. We somehow must find a better way of dealing with
this beast.

> - Congratulations! Now repeatedly bang your head against the
>   wall and let out a primal cry of despair and anguish.
>   (Inside joke.)

LOL!!

(For the benefit of the others, he's referring to the last
line of the penultimate section of this document:
http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/phartz/gcj/bldgcj.html)

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew        Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com
Bangalore,