GCJ/minGW produced executables and linux/wine

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Mar 4 17:17:00 GMT 2003

Ranjit Mathew writes:
 > > Jeff Sturm writes:
 > >  > On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Andrew Haley wrote:
 > >  > >  > FAIL: Throw_2 -O execution - bytecode->native test
 > >  > >
 > >  > > Your exception handling is totally busted.
 > >  >
 > >  > Indeed.  Do we now need -fcheck-references even on a sjlj-target?
 >
 > Is it *really* built as an SJLJ target? I mean, unless you specify
 > "--enable-sjlj-exceptions" explicitly during GCC configuration, it
 > builds as a DWARF-2 EH using target. In which case exceptions would
 > not work in the interpreter at all without DW2 EH information in
 > libffi for Win32.

Indeed.  Has gcj on that target ever worked with DWARF2 exceptions?

 > And without all the recent patches for addr2line
 > and c++filt (*ahem* Andrew ;-)) backtraces wouldn't work either.

Ah, you're still waiting on those.  Sorry.  One problem is that I
can't test them.  Is it true that although you have done the FSF
paperwork, you don't have write access?

 > > It is legal to longjmp from a signal handler.  However, as I
 > > understand it (and I understand very little about Windows APIs) this
 > > isn't exactly a signal handler.
 >
 > *Which* signal handler are we talking about here?

win32_exception_handler.

 > > So, maybe who has the docs can tell us: is it legal to longjmp from a
 > > Windows exception handler?
 >
 > Google: "<your query> site:msdn.microsoft.com"

Hmph.

Andrew.