GCJ/minGW produced executables and linux/wine

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Tue Mar 4 04:11:00 GMT 2003

On 3 Mar 2003, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Erik> Are these problems related to wine, or to libgcj, ltdl, or
> Erik> something in the executable?
>
> No clue.  You're almost certainly the first person to try this.

Erik's very likely the first to try it with SWT.  But I think Anthony
long ago tried a cygwin build on wine, and just recently I took a stab
at running the 3.3 gcj mingw testsuite under wine:

Target is i686-pc-mingw32
Host   is i686-pc-mingw32
Build  is i686-pc-linux-gnu

        === libjava tests ===
        === libjava Summary ===

# of expected passes        2272
# of unexpected failures    32
# of expected failures      16
# of untested testcases     40

Most of the failures timed out.  I didn't look at them closely, nor did I
try them on a real Windows machine.

Debugging with wine seemed a little difficult... winedbg couldn't find any
symbols created by gcj for some reason.

The failures were:

FAIL: Array_3 execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Array_3 execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Array_3 -O execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Array_3 -O execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Divide_1 execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Divide_1 execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Divide_1 -O execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Divide_1 -O execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: SyncTest execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: SyncTest -O execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: TestProxy execution - source compiled test
FAIL: TestProxy execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: TestProxy -O execution - source compiled test
FAIL: TestProxy -O execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Thread_Interrupt execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Thread_Interrupt execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Thread_Interrupt -O execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Thread_Interrupt -O execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Thread_Wait_2 execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Thread_Wait_2 execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Thread_Wait_2 -O execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Thread_Wait_2 -O execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Thread_Wait_Interrupt output - source compiled test
FAIL: Thread_Wait_Interrupt output - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Thread_Wait_Interrupt -O output - source compiled test
FAIL: Thread_Wait_Interrupt -O output - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Throw_2 execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Throw_2 execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL: Throw_2 -O execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Throw_2 -O execution - bytecode->native test
FAIL:
/export/home/jsturm/gcc-3.3/build-mingw/i686-pc-mingw32/libjava/testsuite/TestEarlyGC.exe
execution -
/export/home/jsturm/gcc-3.3/build-mingw/i686-pc-mingw32/libjava/testsuite/TestEarlyGC.exe
FAIL:
/export/home/jsturm/gcc-3.3/build-mingw/i686-pc-mingw32/libjava/testsuite/TestLeak.exe
execution -
/export/home/jsturm/gcc-3.3/build-mingw/i686-pc-mingw32/libjava/testsuite/TestLeak.exe